From this tutorial, you will be able to add your very own favicon to your blogger. Like most of the top dogs in the industry today, having a favicon separates you from the rest of the crowd and allows you to stand out like a cover letter. You’ve probably heard most of the today’s blogger gurus talk about creating a brand for yourself and how that contributed to their success. That’s because brands stand out much more than people’s names or keywords do. Blogs like Shoemoney, John Chow, and thomasnjr are brands, even though there might be some big personalities behind them.
Steps to follow:
1. Once you have your favorite icon image, visit genfavicon.com and upload it to step 1 one the page. (1. Select your image)
2. Next, you will need to adjust your images width and height to its size. This is step 2(Cut & Preview). After you have adjusted the size of the image, select 16 x 16 in the size form and click Capture & Preview.
3. Next, click on Download Favicon in step 3(Favicon resulting) and save the image on your computer as favicon.
4. Login to your Blogger dashboard
5. Go to Layout > Edit HTML (Do not click on “expand widgets” box)
6. Add the following code below:
<link href='http://favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/vnd.microsoft.icon'/>
Note: You will need to replace the link in red with the link you uploaded your favicon to.
7. Preview your template, and if all works fine, Save Template.
Note: It may take some time to load your favicon.